Add this post to the list of blog-like things that I should have done before the holidays… until the plague hit us and we were in straight out survival mode. That being said, I’m glad that I wasn’t able to go to get this massage until the New Year — I don’t think I would have appreciated it in the same way!
I can’t say that I’m much of a massage expert — I can probably count on one hand how many I’ve had in my life, but after an hour at Seattle’s Massage Envy, I’ve decided that I need to put this relaxation technique into practice more often! And, a post-holiday season massage was such a cure to the rush of the last two-weeks of 2012 — my body and my mind were exhausted come 2013 and this was exactly what I needed to reboot for January.
As a massage novice, I thought I’d share with you some tips I learned during my trip to Massage Envy:
1. Wear comfy clothes. There’s nothing worse than being relaxed for an entire hour, practically noodle-like, then having to put on real pants.
2. Leave your contacts at home. I forgot to change into my glasses before I left and had super foggy contacts from having my eyes closed/smushed against the massage table for an hour.
3. Everything off, except your undies. I was so embarrassed to have to ask what to leave on and what to take off. Awkward moment. But, less awkward that taking off too much or too little, I suppose.
4. Pee first. That doesn’t need much explanation. I was glad that the hostess recommended it.
5. Prep for the next day. I have to admit that I was sore for a couple of days following my massage — she really worked some of my sore spots and it was one of those “hurt so good” moments afterwards. A little pain-reducer the next day could be a good idea. Or a glass of wine. Whichever you see first.
The Massage Envy location on Capitol Hill in Seattle is giving one exhausted Being5 reader a gift card good for a 60-minute massage of their choice. Lucky you! Their location is super easy to get to on Capitol Hill — it’s right on Broadway in the Broadway Market — and the staff there is so sweet and the location is so calming and (my favorite part!) clean! While I’d love to spend all of my life lounging around in the quiet rooms of spas in Seattle, sometimes it makes more sense to take advantage of a clinic-style massage environment where you can get straight to the good stuff… the massage itself!
1. Leave a comment on this blog post telling me your fave part about getting a massage…. and your least favorite! (1 entry, required)
2. “Like” the Massage Envy Capitol Hill Facebook page HERE. (1 entry, optional)
3. “Follow” Massage Envy on Twitter HERE. (1 entry, optional)
Be sure to let me know, in the comments, what you’ve done so that I can tally your entries!
This giveaway will be open until Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm with a winner announced shortly after on Being5.com.
Many kind thanks to Massage Envy for providing this giveaway and hosting me for my massage. All (very relaxing) opinions are my own.