1. I’m working this afternoon, which means I’m at my office, which means I’m at the Starbucks that’s a block away from my house. But, there were no tables, so I’m sitting at one of these ridiculous bistro tables and feeling like a top-heavy flamingo that’s going to fall over at any moment. I hope that there’s a small child underfoot to break my fall.
2. The girls are taking swim lessons on Monday nights. We’re at the pool for about an hour, between both of their lessons and I’ve found out, very quickly, that I’m not a pool mom. Being in there makes me feel sweaty and annoyed and ohmygod would you please tell your child to stop kicking the bleachers and is every book club on Queen Anne reading Gone Girl right now and are you people really showering your kids at the pool and putting them in pajamas and why didn’t I think to put some anti-humidity product in my hair before I left.
3. Someone tell me — how are the margaritas at the Great Wolf Lodge? Like, in the pool area? Can I order one at my cabana? How much do the babysitters that are going to take my children in the pools charge? Is the room service menu good? Wait. WHAT? NONE OF THOSE THINGS EXIST THERE? Fuck.
4. I’ve been running again. That’s all I’m going to say about that.
5. I didn’t tie my shoes today, which are my running shoes and I’m wearing them with yoga pants. I’m going for that effortless, overly styled athletic chick look. I don’t think it’s working.
6. Speaking of shoes. These are at the top of my wish list right now.
7. I’ve been trying SO HARD to get into Casual Vacancy, which is the new book by JK Rowling, but I just can’t do it. Has anyone read it? Should I stick with it?
8. Things I did last weekend: Went to the Alumni Lunch at SPU. Things that made me feel old last weekend: Being at the Alumni Lunch at SPU and realizing it’s been 10 years since I graduated. Things that made me feel young last weekend: The fact that most of the people at the lunch had graduated in 1983.
9. The number of emails in my inbox right now: 194. The amount of money on my Starbucks card: $0.34. The number of Weight Watchers points I have left for the day: 16. The number of miles I ran this morning: 1.3. The number of times I drove to Queen Anne from Magnolia: 2. The number of Advil I’ve taken today: 3.
10. Reminder to Sara K. Willy: Get me that salad recipe. You know the one.
Don’t forget about this sweet giveaway. I’ll throw in a pack of baby wipes to clean up your kiddos afterwards.