I begged some of my favorites to guest blog for me while I’m away this week, asking them to send me their 10 random thoughts. Meet Margot, who you can find on Mommythoning and who I’m lucky enough to know from my own beloved ‘hood. I really appreciate Margot’s sense of humor and really want to just follow her around all day, but I suspect that might be weird. For her. (PS. I stole that picture from Margot’s blog. Read more about World Cancer Day HERE.)
1. Downton Abbey – Am I the only person who talks to myself in an early 20th Century aristocratic British accent for 24-hours after watching an episode?
2. Move over Noah Calhoun (ahem, Ryan Gosling, The Notebook), Tom Branson is my new It Guy. I swear if they send him back to Ireland I will throw myself at the television.
3. Didn’t the Super Bowl used to be in January? What happened there?
4. Puppy Bowl IX – Best product placement I’ve ever seen (vacuuming puppy fur from the field during halftime with the New Bissell Super Duper Dog Fur Picker Upper 5000.) And that includes Biggest Loser’s Dolvett “Hey Red Team, let’s all have some Subway for breakfast, Chobani for lunch, and Jenny O for dinner” Quince.
5. My kids want a dog. When I’m driving around early in the morning, who do I see miserable, cold, and walking their dogs? The moms. Nope. No dog for us.
6. Catching up on Grey’s Anatomy. Meredith just felt her baby kick for the first time. I remember that. I was in a meeting in a conference room with a Foosball table. Coolest thing ever. The kick, not the Foosball table.
7. When are we going to see some pictures of pregnant Princess Kate already?
8. I’m going to miss Jack Donneghy. He’s a lot like my husband. Only I’m pretty much nothing like Elizabeth Banks.
9. What is vegetarian pate? Vegetable livers?
9. (again. whatever. maybe it’s margot’s lucky number.) Yiddish rocks. The Hebs have the best vocabulary words.
10. Filmstrips. This one is for my sister. You know what’s great about having a sister? Or brother too, I suppose, I wouldn’t know. When you grow up you can say one random word that brings back all sorts of goofy memories of being raised by the same peculiar people and you both dissolve into crying fits of laughing tears. Or laughing fits of crying tears. Whatever. Filmstrips.