A few weeks ago, when my mom was visiting, we make a little hop down to Ikea. It isn’t too far away — perfect for a little morning trip — and usually ends up with some goodies. My mom happened to need 100 of those green bins, pictured above. In case you were wondering, my car fits 100 bins perfectly.
I didn’t come home with much, but I did spot some goodies that are on my wishlist… (also, Everett seemed to think that Ikea was his own personal dance studio, obviously.)
1. My mom and I both loved these pillows… until we realized how dizzy they made us.
2. I have one of these doormats at home already and wish I’d seen them on our trip, because I’d love another one.
3. These duvet sets caught my eye for the girls — they come in more colors than shown here and I know that Janie would love the orange. I held back since I wasn’t sure which color Meg would choose. Ikea bedding isn’t the softest, but for little girls who love to leave open pens on their beds, the price is right.
4. These curtains always catch my eye. They’re much cuter in person.
5. Ikea is a great place to pick up cheap fabric too, as long as you’re looking for something unusual! I love picking up a few yards to have Josh make me table clothes for our long dining room table.
7. I have big big dreams for organizing our Legos by color into a system like this (swooning over yours, AB!), although with all white bins. I think we should put that on our summer project list.
8. My mom picked up this little set for the girlies for a you-had-to-go-to-school-and-we-played-at-ikea consolation prize and, surprisingly all 10-pieces are still in tact, even a few weeks later!
9. These are the bins my mom needed. (Look mom, they went up in price, big time!)
10. One of my favorite things to stock up on at Ikea… these.
What’s the one thing you always pick up at Ikea???
(Are you like me and usually forget the one thing you came for in the first place?)